Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Today's Birthdays

AdrianKoshka FranklynBe

Support Us

Top Posters

Which Android version introduced the Google Play store app, and what is its Cyanogen mod version?

LnxChoiceLnxChoice Registered
I need to buy a used phone so this means it will come with an old Android version.
Old versions accessed Google apps downloads through the Google Market app, and cannot access the Play Store.
I do not wish to update from Market thru Google, I'm looking for an OS with the Play Store included from the get-go.
Which Android version first introduced the Google Play store app, and what is its corresponding Cyanogen mod version?
Thank you for helping me to make do with an older phone, new ones are too expensive...

Comments

• setkehsetkeh Administrator
    Your looking for Android 4.1 JellyBean or 4.4 KitKat i think it was still marketplace in Icecream Sandwitch

Hope this helps.

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• LnxChoiceLnxChoice Registered
    thank you ! So as for Android, I would need a phone with 4.1.
    If I can only find an affordable phone with an earlier version of Android, I could try to mod it with Cyanogen. What is the earliest Cyanogen version that includes access to the Google Play Store?
    And how can I login to the forum? I don't see the usual login/Sign in tab...?
    Or am I automatically logged in, then how do I log out?