Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthday

alexandros_c

Support Us

Top Posters

Linux backlash

I was sitting in class and two of my classmates where making fun of me cause i used Linux. Has anyone berated you for using linux? If so, Lets here the story.

Comments

• setkehsetkeh Administrator
    Yeah thats happened to me,

I was at Tafe in Networking class and i was taking my laptop because i can use serial to the switches faster because on Screen working as the best serial console on the planet.

and a couple of the other students were giggling in the corner because i was running linux (arch) and making comments along the line of "linux is not a real OS, it doesn't even have a graphical display how are you supposed to use it, this is not the 1980's why the hell should you need a terminal" anyway i was getting pissy and so was our instructor he asked me to hook up my laptop to the projector and roll them hard. so i did.

i borrowed the instructors laptop and did a few performance tests on both machines on the projector (both identical laptops btw) and my linux laptop kicked the crap out of it i also setup and configured all 130 switches in the lab in around 10 minutes because of VIM + tmux + screen.

needless to say R3KT

I didn't get any stupid comments about linux after that and got a whole lot of questions asking me how to install it :P

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• irishluck83irishluck83 Administrator
    Awesome...I always love when you can pone people.