Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthday

alexandros_c

Support Us

Top Posters

Proud Linux Moments

morning_starmorning_star DonatorRegistered, Donator
To repeat what i did once on arch forums ... I wanna hear folks proudest moments in linux

I'll start:

Used to be lfs install but I think my proudest moment to date is being able to give back to my community in multiple ways. It's great to learn things in linux but being able to contribute back to a community is the bees knees.

What are your big moments?

Yesterday I went on a walk and saw a little chipmunk sitting on a log.   I went over and asked the chipmunk what he was doing there.  He looked up at me with his little eyes and now i only have one leg.

Sourceforge
Github

Comments

• For me, it was when I understood how to package things. Creating .deb packages YEARS ago for some people. It's amazing when you can share with folks like that.
  • pdqpdq Administrator
    Hmm, making my own custom repositories made me smile. :)

Admin at Linux Distro Community, humble slave of LGC & lurker at GOL. [GitHub, Twitter, Steam]

• irishluck83irishluck83 Administrator
    I guess mine would be configuring programs with out much help and being able to repeat it on multiiple occasions. I love helping people and when they come to me with an issueand I can solve their issues really quickly...BIG-O-SMILE :)
  • morning_starmorning_star DonatorRegistered, Donator
    Donator
    learning how to make gtk themes and now starting to package them for the community... I really love being able to give back as i mentioned in OP

Yesterday I went on a walk and saw a little chipmunk sitting on a log.   I went over and asked the chipmunk what he was doing there.  He looked up at me with his little eyes and now i only have one leg.

Sourceforge
    Github

• irishluck83irishluck83 Administrator
    I guess my latest smiling moment would be learning LEMP Server and creating a custome SSL Cert. :)
  • darthlukandarthlukan Registered
    I have written software that people have actually installed on their machines because they thought it was useful and I've also contributed code to distro projects.  All of those moments are each priceless to me.  I can't narrow it down to just one.
  • setkehsetkeh Administrator
    I'm with @darthlukan on this one :) I have also written software people find useful made configs that have inspired others to create and share met a ton of awesome people and contributed to the very projects projects that inspire me to develop and share free software :D

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• queloticquelotic Registered
    that's probably very noobish but i feel i managed something, installing arch linux and customizing i3 with conky and colors and such in xterm and vim etc..
    ive been using linux for 5-6 days...
  • illyohsillyohs Registered
    When I Learned how to use vim
  • randallrandall Registered
    making neverwinter nights work
  • DanDDDanDD Registered
    edited July 2015
    Converting my 1st person to Linux, when I showed him how to use Virtual Box.
    Donator
    @DanDD nice ... i am working on converting my coworkers to linux ... gonna install opensuse on one of thier laptops this week

Sourceforge
    Github

• KDGKDG Registered
    edited July 2015

@DanDD nice ... i am working on converting my coworkers to linux ... gonna install opensuse on one of thier laptops this week

without saying it :P?

IRC nick Name:             KDG
    Mumble nick Name:      KDG

My-YouTubeChanne
    update as of 2017
    My-GitHub
    Donator
    no @kdg he asked me to do so ... I don't mess with peoples machines if they do not want it done

Sourceforge
    Github

• DanDDDanDD Registered
    edited July 2015
    Same here @morning_star, I have converted several people to Linux, but I won't do it unless they specifically ask me.
  • TibleTible Registered
    1. When i completed my first arch install without problems.
    2. When i helped a new linux user on one of the linux forums solve an issue.
    3. When i got my mom and little brother to try linux on their computer since windows was messing up. (They still only use linux now)