Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Support Us

Top Posters

Gnome on Ubuntu

TuxsuxTuxsux DonatorRegistered, Donator

I installed gnome instead of unity on my Ubuntu. i changed the graphics manager when promted ,but now my desktop is just black. I cant chose any background at all but else all graphicks working just fine. Anyone got a clue whats happend?

Comments

• TuxsuxTuxsux DonatorRegistered, Donator
    Donator

I recognized a lot of dependencytrouble ,solved that so far but still got black background, well trying some more another day.

• irishluck83irishluck83 Administrator

Do you have xwayland installed. It could be wayland issue.

edited June 15 Donator

xwayland aint shown in pakagemanager at all and in terminal it tells that xwayland is set to manual install, not shure what that tells me

edited June 15 Donator

update, now it tells that xwayland is the newest version installed. ?!
    xwayland is already the newest version (2:1.18.4-1ubuntu6.1).

Donator

Now I think I understan one thing. When i upen the programstartbutton and click my way around i saw symbols in the bottom for category, when i go to pictures and click the text tells me that there is no pictures in this computer!? but when i manually go into the picture archive i got plenty of them.

Donator

The problem is solved !! I did not recognize that i also had to chose the gnome envoirement in login!! simle as that