Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Whats happend

TuxsuxTuxsux DonatorRegistered, Donator

Hi all , I have really enjoyed my Debian and Ubuntu in the past. There must have been 5 years since I last used them but now I intend to star build up an Debian again. But to my topic, as I looked around on different communitys and such the activity in these are very low and most of the activity are dated at least one year ago! is the knowledge so high these days that helping communitys are unneccesary or is it not so many users nowmore? Just reflexions that I did wrong or right?

Comments

• irishluck83irishluck83 Administrator

Well with debian that stuff doesn't change too much so it may be "old" but it should still be liable advice. No too many people use debian, i don't think, they use Mint, Solus, or others.

Tuxsux
  • aktsakts Registered

There are a lot of debian derivatives with active communities. If you want bleeding edge, try siduction. Consider them as the arch people in debian land :smile: . If you wanna go ahead with a stable debian experience with a little bit of wrench handling, check out bunsenlabs. The communities of all projects do regularly hang out on IRC. Holla at them :wink:

~peace and love.

Tuxsux
  • dqsiidqsii DonatorRegistered, Donator
    Donator

@irishluck83 said:
    Well with debian that stuff doesn't change too much so it may be "old" but it should still be liable advice. No too many people use debian, i don't think, they use Mint, Solus, or others.

I used to use debian but i prefer arch linux now @irishluck83 im even building a second pc to run with my main arch machine that will have arch linux on it

• TuxsuxTuxsux DonatorRegistered, Donator
    Donator

Hi all helpful, now im back, whats happened? oh when I started to upgrade my system something happend with my harddrive !! disc was unable to respond so I was a bit down first ,but now I mounted the drive on another computer as extradisc and shrinked down 1 gb and reformatted the rest of the disc on another partition and now was able to reinstall a system, phuh tricky but fun