Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

how about a weekly topic?

i dunno who comes up with it, im happy to offer one for tomorrow. today its been 6 days since i started the puppy topic.

the topic i recommend for tomorrow is, "unconventional features." how and when they help, when they annoy, and when fans split over them... all are possible subtopics of the broader one. hopefully the conversation can go where it wants, this is too nice a forum to never have a topic. 4 a month doesnt sound too ambitious, and hopefully isnt. if other people contribute ideas for it once a week, thats even better.

if the forums dead its dead, but it seems like its still got some potential. maybe lets use it for something.

feel free to override my suggestion with a different topic. the forum can have more than one per week, but one seems like a good start.

Comments

• DanDDDanDD Registered
    edited September 2016
    New topics are always welcomed. I started over 30 of them since I joined last year. Some get lots of views and some get lots of replies, but some go no where. It just depends on the subject. Sometimes the community seems dead, but people still check out the topics without necessarily replying to them.
  • figosfigos Registered
    mm, i know. certainly replies are (and should be) voluntary, but it would be cool to have a topic that was likely to enourage more volunteering.

im sure its better to go the organic route, rather than encourage replies with zd-like clickbait: "why linux still isnt ready for the desktop, even though the desktop is dead" or "new vulnerability makes linux more insecure than windows" :) im not even tempted, though for the kind of money those publications get... nah!
  • KDGKDG Registered
    hope u make a post ever week :)

IRC nick Name:             KDG
    Mumble nick Name:      KDG

My-YouTubeChanne
    update as of 2017
    My-GitHub
  • jankieljankiel Registered
    What do you mean by weekly topic, figos? Idea that every LDC member should post a new topic in week?
    I am sorry, i must admit, i haven't written on LDC for a looong time. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa :P I hope i will (dont know if i can promise :P ) come back to writing! [especially, that I was admin of forum, and it died (because of facebook sh*t) so i know that feel ;) ]
  • KDGKDG Registered
    all people come here write 5 post and then leave....

IRC nick Name:             KDG
    Mumble nick Name:      KDG

My-YouTubeChanne
    update as of 2017
    My-GitHub