Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Support Us

Top Posters

1TB RAID

I have a new machine with a 2-disk RAID array (2x1TB). I want to run 3 VMs. I thought that I might need to create different partitions for each machine but after some experiment it doesn't seem necessary. Before I partition the disk can anyone advise/suggest what an efficient partition layout might be? I want to run a Mail Server and two M/S Servers on my hardware platform. In fact they are legacy machines I recovered and which need to be retired; the VM solution seems an elegant one. Thanks in advance Jean
Tagged:

Comments

• setkehsetkeh Administrator
    Your partition Layout matters not really you could if you like store the machines on a seperate partition or you could store them on the os drive partition either way no difference.

I generally create a folder somewhere on the disk "Usually my home dir" and store vms and service settings/data

Since i generally dont reinstall my servers once their up and running. the only reason i could think of off the top of my head for creating partitions all over the place is if you expect to be re installing the machine allot.

hope thi helps

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.