Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Setting up Kodi

kantoquadkantoquad DonatorDonator
OK, this may be a U.S. specific question, but would love help from anyone. I am building a new HTPC. I still use an antenna to record most of my shows. I would like a method of populating the schedule like Microsoft media center does. I have found IPTV PVR client for LIVE TV and may use that. Any other methods known out there. There was a pay service, but that seems defunct now,

Comments

• setkehsetkeh Administrator
    If i recall Corectly and if i understood the question MythTV is what your looking for :D

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• kantoquadkantoquad DonatorDonator
    edited September 2015 Donator
    imageThanks but no. I may have screwed up the question. You know how you can go on cable TV and there is a guide with what is coming on later. You can also tell it to record shows at certain times. I need a program to download that info and put it into Kodi. I think in Europe and maybe down-under, that info is encoded. At least that is what I was told. image
  • setkehsetkeh Administrator
    That is a possibility i know mythtv can see the channels and decode things like the current show thats playing iirc but i dont know if it does exactly what your looking for i havent looked too deep into it though

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• kantoquadkantoquad DonatorDonator
    Donator
    That is not the case here in the US.  Ours are not encoded. I will try the one I found, but it seems to be iffy on if it works, so I was just. I will post if it works. It is the only reason I have had a windows computer in my house for the last 5 years. Windows media center guide is populated by Microsoft

Thanks