Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

openSUSE Tumbleweed

DanDDDanDD Registered
edited May 2015 in OpenSuse
Just wondering if anyone has used openSUSE Tumbleweed, and I'm interested in any comparisons between Tumbleweed and the regular 13.2 release.  I tried to install the Gnome version of it but it wouldn't load after installation, but I did have success with the KDE version.  I tried the regular 13.2 release, but since this release is Rolling, I like it slightly better. 

Comments

• morning_starmorning_star DonatorRegistered, Donator
    Donator
    kleptos uses tumbleweed he is on irc often you can ask him questions

Yesterday I went on a walk and saw a little chipmunk sitting on a log.   I went over and asked the chipmunk what he was doing there.  He looked up at me with his little eyes and now i only have one leg.

Sourceforge
    Github

• irishluck83irishluck83 Administrator
    tumbleweed is nice. I have not tried the latest version of Suse but you should give it a try.
    Donator
    here is a guide for installing tumbleweed @DanDD ; hope it is of some use to you

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Tumbleweed_installation

can even convert your original install into tumbleweed if you wish

Yesterday I went on a walk and saw a little chipmunk sitting on a log.   I went over and asked the chipmunk what he was doing there.  He looked up at me with his little eyes and now i only have one leg.

Sourceforge
    Github

• DanDDDanDD Registered
    I have the Tumbleweed KDE version already installed.
    Donator
    oh my bad i misread that wrong i thought you were looking at installing tumbleweed but seems i read that backwards ... yea i used the 13.2 release .. honestly i like rolling releases better as i wont have to reinstall

Sourceforge
    Github

• DanDDDanDD Registered
    edited May 2015
    No problem morning_star.  I mainly wanted differences between the Tumbleweed version and openSUSE 13.2 aside from the Rolling vs Stable release comparisons.  I found Tumbleweed easier and quicker than openSUSE 13.2 to install.  Tumbleweed also has the Plasma KDE.  I think 13.2 is a little easier to find the stuff I want, and I think it updates quicker.  Those are just a few things that I noticed, or at least in my opinion.  I'm still using Q4OS though, I am more used to Synaptic over Yast.
  • DanDDDanDD Registered
    I'm not sure how to close a thread, but it doesn't matter anymore to me, because I deleted openSUSE Tumbleweed and went back to using Q4OS exclusively, at least for now.
    Donator
    you dont have to close a thread there are many that thte conversation has ended in but they dont get "closed" or binned or deleted here some one some day may find it a useful reference so itll just hang around.

Sourceforge
    Github

• DanDDDanDD Registered
    Thanks, sounds good.