Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Is Debian Easy To Install

Is Debian easy to install, or would I be wasting my time if its complicated.  The new Debian Jessie just got released, but I'm leary about trying it.  I read somewhere that only the 1st ISO is needed, but do I really need from what I read over 60 ISO's to install it, if so, I won't bother with it.

Comments

• morning_starmorning_star DonatorRegistered, Donator
    Donator
    get the net install dont worry about the several discs... net install iso should be easy to find and also debian is pretty easy to install... hope this helps

here is a net install link

http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

Yesterday I went on a walk and saw a little chipmunk sitting on a log.   I went over and asked the chipmunk what he was doing there.  He looked up at me with his little eyes and now i only have one leg.

Sourceforge
    Github

• DanDDDanDD Registered
    edited March 2017
    Thanks morning_star, your site really helped, and I just installed it through the Text installer, but didn't get Guest Addtions working.The Debian website is confusing trying to find the right ISO, your link really simplified the whole thing, thanks again.
  • morning_starmorning_star DonatorRegistered, Donator
    Donator
    not a problem glad it helped :) yea minimal install cds are the way to go imho

Yesterday I went on a walk and saw a little chipmunk sitting on a log.   I went over and asked the chipmunk what he was doing there.  He looked up at me with his little eyes and now i only have one leg.

Sourceforge
    Github