Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

So, how about this new forum setup?

darthlukandarthlukan Registered
edited March 2015 in General
I for one love the new layout and theme.  Looks really clean.  Kudos to whoever put all of the work into swapping to the new setup and retaining the data.
Satisfaction with the new forum
  1. Do you like the new layout?17 votes
    1. Yes
      82.35%
    2. No
      17.65%

Comments

• pdqpdq Administrator
    Thanks for the feedback @darthlukan. :) My personal thanks also go out to @Irishluck83, @Fenderbassist, @setkeh, @Acou_Bass and everyone else who helped test the new code. :D

Please post any additional feedback in this thread.

We were unable to export the old Birthday and Signature fields from the Old Forums as well as losing all the Messages/PMs. If you need to recover any of these things, the Old Forum can be found at: https://pdq.linuxdistrocommunity.com.

!coffee @darthlukan

Admin at Linux Distro Community, humble slave of LGC & lurker at GOL. [GitHub, Twitter, Steam]

• /me pours @darthlukan a fresh hot coffee.
  • Acou_BassAcou_Bass Registered
    It's MOOtastic!
  • It's very MOOtiful!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.

• irishluck83irishluck83 Administrator
    I'm not going to do any bad moo puns. It is great. Moo!!
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash Registered
    It takes some getting used to but I don't mind it. :)
  • setkehsetkeh Administrator
    Thanks Guys for all the Effort that went into getting the new forums up :D

Dont forget if something explodes let us know :D

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• It's super awesome :D

github: https://github.com/AdrianKoshka
    toxid: AFC5AE6CB1436832EC72F20C5066E939FCE09BDD4A0B1AF4FCAE26190FEDCD6A6E415E3C6076

• DanDDDanDD Registered
    The new look, looks and works great on the computer, but I can't seem to post anything on it using a tablet.
  • DanDDDanDD Registered
    Also, it doesn't have Direct reply to specific posts, and no "Thank You" link.
  • RWA3RWA3 Registered
    Looks good. Very bright. Keep up the great work.

HP G70 - Dual boot Ubuntu 14.04 

HP Compaq 6710B - Lubuntu 14.04
  • pdqpdq Administrator
    edited March 2015
    @DanDD in order to reply directly to a post just hit the "Quote" and instead of "Thanks" we can now mark posts with "Like", "Dislike", "Awesome", "lol" and "Insightful".

We can (as a community) change these 5 "Reactions" to other "Reactions" and can also add/remove from these "Reactions" if we want, perhaps we can add a "Thanks" or change one of the existing "Reactions" to "Thanks".

Illustrated in Image below:

Admin at Linux Distro Community, humble slave of LGC & lurker at GOL. [GitHub, Twitter, Steam]

• DanDDDanDD Registered
    Helpful reply PDQ, thanks.
    If you Click no in the poll please be sure to post up your feedback we maybe able to correct your issue :D

Wisdom:

• It looks great! Also, it seems to be very functional.
  • pdqpdq Administrator
    edited March 2015
    Updated the Operating System's available in profile:

GNU Linux
    Android
    Arch Linux
    Backtrack
    Bodhi Linux
    Debian Linux
    ElementaryOS
    Fedora
    Funtoo
    FreeBSD
    Gentoo
    Linux Lite
    Linux Mint
    Manjaro
    Mac
    Mageia
    Opensuse
    Parabola GNU Linux
    Puppy Linux
    Sabayon
    Slackware
    SteamOS
    Trisquel
    Ubuntu
    Windows
    Other

• Cool, I like that order.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.

• Teddy5090Teddy5090 Registered
    Uhh, what happened here? Is this the post-nuclear version of the Linux Distro Community? Lol!

Haha, just kidding. It actually looks really nice! Great job designer, whoever you may be!
    Theodore Thorpe,
    Member of the Cup Of Linux, Linux Distro Community & Linux Lite Forums.
  • irishluck83irishluck83 Administrator
    Very funny Teddy BOY!!
  • ViperViper Registered
    To be honest I preferred the previous setup
  • KDGKDG Registered
    for be it the same as the i login first time...

IRC nick Name:             KDG
    Mumble nick Name:      KDG

My-YouTubeChanne
    update as of 2017
    My-GitHub
    KDG said:

for be it the same as the i login first time...

Thats because the database is the same the only thing that changed was the look and engine that drives the site.

Wisdom:

• TibleTible Registered
    It's very bright. Functionality is great though.
  • kantoquadkantoquad DonatorDonator
    Donator
    Been gone a while, but I really like the new set-up. Nice to see a thriving community. This is the one of the few I had any association with, when I started using Linux, that is not only still going. It gets stronger as does Linux lite OS Thanks guys!!!!
  • RottNKorpseRottNKorpse Registered
    I don't like Vanillia forums in general so it's an improvement but that's only because the old forum was really old software.
  • DigitDigit Registered
    i'm getting old it seems. i liked how forums were about 12 years ago. seemed more practical n easy to navigate n familiarize with. these new ways seem to want to throw away discussions, bury them in an interface that obfuscates all but the most recent chirping. i dont like it. seems dangerously wrong. not a vanilla forums fan either tho. maybe i'm not getting old, but /am/ old, n just failed to figure out how to use it properly. ... doesnt feel like it invites me in. n some of that is design(/theme/configuration) choices as much as fundamentals and design of the tech. v worthy community, i'd say i wish was served with a better forumware, but everyone else seems happy ... so *shrug*.
  • jcjordyn120jcjordyn120 Registered, Banned
    I just joined the forums, So I have no idea. But I do like the fourms :D
    Jordyn (The Linux Geek)
  • figosfigos Registered
    i figure these forums look a lot better on a tablet than older ones-- which is great, if youre using a tablet to go to a forum. my only gripe with good old phpbb is the backend. the user interface is fine with me. hey still, i like it better than mailing lists.

will say this for vanilla-- its still way better than discourse (oh man, what stink. discourse is like fakebook but possibly even slower.)
  • ZooseZoose Registered
    This place looks good.
    nice work everyone.