Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Podcast Feedback

morning_starmorning_star DonatorRegistered, Donator
just so we dont miss peoples input please leave any comments or suggestions for the podcast here so we can take them all into account and build a better show

--cheers--

Yesterday I went on a walk and saw a little chipmunk sitting on a log.   I went over and asked the chipmunk what he was doing there.  He looked up at me with his little eyes and now i only have one leg.

Sourceforge
Github

Comments

• kwisherkwisher Registered
    I do not believe your endeavor can be classified as a true podcast.

pod·cast
    ˈpädˌkast/
    noun
    noun: podcast; plural noun: podcasts

a digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or portable media player, typically available as a series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.

I don't mind if you are providing your show on YouTube, but an audio only file should also be available for download either manually or via RSS subscription.

Thanks for your consideration.
  • morning_starmorning_star DonatorRegistered, Donator
    Donator
    i certainly wouldnt be against making an audio only file for you kwisher

Yesterday I went on a walk and saw a little chipmunk sitting on a log.   I went over and asked the chipmunk what he was doing there.  He looked up at me with his little eyes and now i only have one leg.

Sourceforge
    Github

i certainly wouldnt be against making an audio only file for you kwisher
    My point is that you should not be labeling this as a "podcast' as per the definition I provided. if you want more exposure you should look into providing the audio only version via RSS subscription. I subscribe to over 50 podcasts and have the process all automated. Most hardcore podcast listeners do the same process as I do.
  • morning_starmorning_star DonatorRegistered, Donator
    Donator
    i can only speak for myself so everyone elses oppinion on this is not voiced... however when this idea started it was to do a podcast ... so as it evolved we did choose to add video ... hence it still has been refered to as the ldc podcast though yes i understand that the video makes it not a podcast. However for sake of habit we have refered to it as one and are looking into options to provide a audio only version of the cast. I have replied to attempt to bridge the gap in the understanding of why we still refer to it as a podcast though it evolved out. I hope you understand better the confusion will paste a link for you regarding the audio only version

Sourceforge
    Github

• podcast
    [pod-kast, ‐kahst]

Examples
    Word Origin

noun
    a digital audio or video file or recording, usually part of a themed series, that can be downloaded from a website to a media player or computer:
    Download or subscribe to daily, one-hour podcasts of our radio show.
    verb (used without object), verb (used with object)
    to record and upload as a podcast: He podcasts once a week on various topics.
    She podcasts her lectures.

source :http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/podcast
  • setkehsetkeh Administrator
    The Definition of podcast is pretty broad and vague and butchered into things like video cast or screen cast in the same context podcast covers them all.

I do how ever suggest in future that you provide an alternative of some form when you disagree with something it helps us understand you point of view as well as make an informed decision that were moving in the right direction :)

though we value the feed back thanks :)

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

An example of my suggestion would be the TWIT network (http://twit.tv/). They started out as an audio only network but now provide video. They have RSS feeds to all their different formats for the users needs.

As an example of a lot of Linux specific podcasts, look at http://www.thelinuxlink.net/. This listing is mostly audio only shows that also have RSS feeds for MP3 & Ogg formats.
  • pdqpdq Administrator
    We have added an audio only version of the podcast. :)
    https://www.linuxdistrocommunity.com/feeds

Admin at Linux Distro Community, humble slave of LGC & lurker at GOL. [GitHub, Twitter, Steam]