Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Thinking of buying a new laptop (or building a desktop)

morning_starmorning_star DonatorRegistered, Donator
So here is the real question ... what are some good linux compatible laptops ... i am looking for an intel with integrated graphics (just cause setup is so painless) and was wondering what people have had luck with... or perhaps your oppinion is i should build a desktop. Either way i am in the market for a new machine and wanna hear peoples horror stories or advice based on experiance with various machines so i can be a smart shopper. Thanks in advance all.

:) :) :)

oh this is just for everyday usage btw... nothing special needed but just need a newer machine as my main is getting old and to the beater stage

Yesterday I went on a walk and saw a little chipmunk sitting on a log.   I went over and asked the chipmunk what he was doing there.  He looked up at me with his little eyes and now i only have one leg.

Sourceforge
Github

Comments

• setkehsetkeh Administrator
    I have Generally never had any issue's with Dell or Acer laptop in linux the Acer Apsire V5 is a very nice laptop (i bought one for my fiance'), http://www.dell.com/au/p/inspiron-15-3542-laptop/pd?oc=x510746au&model_id=inspiron-15-3542-laptop is also a nice laptop or anything out of that series is a good option :)

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• MadmanRBMadmanRB Registered
    There is also HP who I have seen work for linux, just avoid Toshiba as thier newer machines are very anti anything but win 8
  • darthlukandarthlukan Registered
    I swear by my System76 Gazelle Pro laptop. Granted, System76 has become sort of the Apple of the Linux PC world (in having higher prices than everyone else it seems), but I think that's offset by the quality of service (have a question or need a part number? They'll respond within a couple of hours and get you precisely what you need) and the speed of their shipping. They're Ubuntu installation features a custom module that contains several drivers tailored to the system, so there's that too, even though I ripped Ubuntu off of the system and installed Arch immediately :)