Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Linux Graphic BSOD error of Death

Hey guys I have been haveing a serries hardware issue on my machien and I know that it has only happened on Linux as it does not happen on the Windows partinon and the hard drive is good. Ok so here is what happens I boot up my computer and boot into the Linux Mint Partion right, it boots up logis in and loads up XFCE, but if I try to load firefox the screen goes white like a candy cane and it just stays that way untill I hold down the power button for 8 seconds. I noticed this ocasionaly happens with Google Chome, chomium, Virtualbox, and any kind of emmulation.
my hardware specks are in the thing on the botom. never mind as they don't allow atachments for some god knows reason!:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3bEpMCFFQH_TGVHYUltVURhdnc/edit

Is it the CPU, the Ram, or do I need a graphics card. What is this thing that keeps happening to me?!:crying::mad::surprised::-/:@:@:@:@:@:@:
It happens in LXDE, XFCE, Cinnamon, Windowmaker, E17, mate, how do I fix this thing?
Will installing the closed source Nvidia driver help? Anybody out there knows what the hell is going on?my hardware in a thread about hardware.basic hardware info
CPU: AMD Athlong Processor LE-1640
Memory: 2 GIB 1.8 usable, other RAM slots don't work.
Hard drive: Sata 148.6 GB partion
onboard graphics: NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nFORCE 430]
Display: one VGA port
Ports: Two front USB 2.0 ports, five back USB 2.0 ports, one front SD SH port, one DVD/CD RW drive, One ethernet port and one green dialup port thing and 6 IBM standered audio ports, one PS/2 keyboard and mouse port and one port for other camra memory cards on front.
[/quote]
I am thinking about buying a new CPU at best buy and maby that will fix this mess.

Comments