Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

antiX - Wifi

I recently installed antiX 32bit on an old Asus Eee PC 900. Wifi is on, but "No wireless networks found." in Wicd Network Manager. Not sure where to take it from there :s

Comments

• open up the preferences dialog in the client and type the name of your interface (probably wlan0) in the blank field.

I've done a video on this topic.

• SleezBoxSleezBox Registered
    open up the preferences dialog in the client and type the name of your interface (probably wlan0) in the blank field.

I've done a video on this topic.

Thanks dolphin, worked like a charm! I actually watched one of your videos when I first installed antiX. Awesome channel, I'll make sure and check it for more antiX configs :)
  • sidzensidzen DonatorDonator
    Donator
    open up a terminal, login as root, and type [php]ceni[/php]
    It is more powerful and therefore preferable to wicd.
    It's easy.

Welcome to antiX!
  • Nothing wrong with ceni. Its quite nice and is the only manager installed in antix-core edition. But it can be a pain if you navigate between multiple wireless networks. Then you have to run it everytime you change networks. WiCd deals with changing wireless networks a little easier, in my opinion.
  • ken7ken7 Registered
    I just installed Anti-x on an old Seanix computer vintage about 2005 that was running Windows XP. I installed a dual boot with Anti-X and Windows XP. It worked fine but then I had the wireless issue but it was easily solved when I entered wlano. Dolphin's video was a big help.
    However, after I found our wifi and entered the proper key and it connected the browser would not open anything. Then I recalled that I am using a wireless adapter as there is no wireless on my old desktop. I had to have a Linux compatible adapter. I went to eBay and managed to win a cheap one at auction. THen I went back and tried to use the browser again and it worked fine. Maybe I needed to reboot. Anyway I can use an extra adapter. So far I like anti-X. I needed the clip board clipit. It is simple but works fine for me.