Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Scrollback.io for linuxdistrocommunity

Hi Friends,

I was today at linuxdistrocommunity IRC channel to demo what we have built here at Scrollback.io :

http://scrollback.io/pwn/linuxdistrocommunity/www.linuxdistrocommunity.com

Scrollback is an open source community chat app which integrates with IRC. It is free; and we are currently reaching out to other other open source and tech communities to try out scrollback and provide us their feedback. Many Mozilla communities (India, Srilanka, Taiwan, Philippines, Nepal, Bangladesh and many more) and Hackerspace.sg are already using scrollback on their website in integration with IRC.

We would greatly appreciate if you deploy Scrollback on linuxdistrocommunity website and provide us your feedback.

It is very easy to integrate with the website: using small piece of code as shown here : http://jsbin.com/UcEDOYAc/2/edit
For any queries/ feedback feel free to reach back to me at gaurav@scrollback.io

Looking forward to your support.

Kind Regards
Gaurav

Comments

• pdqpdq Administrator
    Looks pretty neat and useful Gaurav. Thanks for sharing! :D

Admin at Linux Distro Community, humble slave of LGC & lurker at GOL. [GitHub, Twitter, Steam]

• Nifty piece of kit! I like the clean design--it looks great! it would be nice if it would allow you to log in by communicating with NickServ in the event that you want to use the application without logging in.
  • Hi Ballmer,

Thank you for trying out scrollback.io.

It seems currently scrollback on most website is being used by users who are not regulars on the IRC and want to communicate with the community. We are designing scrollback to make it easy for them to participate in the conversation. The infrequent on IRC generally do not have a nickserv account (hence they don't ask for this feature.)

Nevertheless we do intend to build this feature into scrollback in the long run.

How about trying out scrollback on linuxdistrocommunity.com

Gaurav