Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

need distro for my Asus MOBO

I have an asus m2v-tvm, 2gb ram and nvidia graphics.
And i want to install linux on it, prefer ubuntu based or debian.

Most of the distro i've tried freezes on screen when trying the livecd. so installed the alternate installer but still freeze on screen.
So i ask from you guys with any recommendation that support my mobo.

thanks happy new year

Comments

• try antix

antix.mepis.org
    antix.freeforums.org

debian based (actual updates from debian repos).

13.2 is the latest version.
  • For an Ubuntu Based Distro, try Linux Lite. It is a lightweight distro that is Ubuntu based (on the LTS) that uses the XFCE Desktop. Valtam, the developer of Linux Lite, is a well known active member of this community and he and all of us would be happy to help you out with any problems you encounter. Linux Lite is made to be user friendly. Highly Recommended.

For a Debian Based Distro, try Solyd XK. Solyd K is the KDE Desktop version, while Solyd X is the XFCE version. Both are Debian Based, that have repositorys from Debian testing and stable by default. This is a super stable distro that also has business oriented versions of both the KDE and XFCE version. Highly Recommended, especially the KDE version. If you decide to go with Solyd XK, go with the Home Edition. That has more up to date software than the Business version.

It's you choice, both are solid, stable and fast. You can't go wrong with them. The key is experimenting. See which one you like.

Linux Lite Homepage: https://www.linuxliteos.com/

Solyd XK Homepage: http://solydxk.com/
    Theodore Thorpe,
    Member of the Cup Of Linux, Linux Distro Community & Linux Lite Forums.
  • plustwoplustwo Registered
    hi,

I would suggest giving Makulu Linux a try. It's debian(jessie) based.
    www.makululinux.com comes with KDE, XFCE and Gnome. soon enlightenment 17. :cool: