Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Howdy From Lubbock, Texas!

[size=medium]Howdy Folks! I am Fishman and I have just started using Linux Lite. My Dad's old computer was really going down hill with Windows 7 and the other Distros was not working in harmony with his drivers. So, I was watching Spatry's Cup Of Linux on Youtube and he did a really grand review of this Distro so I tried it out on my (dumpster rescued) laptop. My Dad & I are both disabled and poor so I get what I can lol. Anyway, I installed Linux Lite and my laptop was acting like a super-powered weightlifter on massive steroids! Now I have installed it on my main PC Tower and my girlfriends Samsung laptop. Works great, lightning-fast, and more secure and efficient than Windows ever was for our needs. Anyway I will stop rambling and just say it is a real honor and priviledge to be here as a member of this community.
Your Friendly Neighborhood,
---Fishman[/size]

Comments

• Welcome to the LDC :D
  • robgravesrobgraves DonatorDonator
    Donator
    Welcome to our awesome community.
  • FishmanFishman Registered
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. :D
  • setkehsetkeh Administrator
    Welcome to the Community mate :D

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• plustwoplustwo Registered
    Welcome to LDC Fishman.
  • preecherpreecher Registered
    Welcome to our community.

We maintain our own mumble server for those that wish to verbally chat:
    http://www.linuxdistrocommunity.com/voicechat.html

Our own IRC channel on the freenode servers:
    http://www.linuxdistrocommunity.com/irc.html

And you can follow us on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/LinuxDCommunity

And we have our own group on the Steam (gaming) network as well:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/linuxdistrocommunity

We look forward to seeing you on any and all of the platforms we maintain a presence on.

preecher
    Thanks for the welcomes. :D
  • Teddy5090Teddy5090 Registered
    Hey there! Welcome. I'm farther south in Houston Texas, more like in South side of Houston. Glad Linux Lite is working out for you. It is very fast and Light I agree!
    Theodore Thorpe,
    Member of the Cup Of Linux, Linux Distro Community & Linux Lite Forums.
    Teddy5090 wrote:
    Hey there! Welcome. I'm farther south in Houston Texas, more like in South side of Houston. Glad Linux Lite is working out for you. It is very fast and Light I agree!

[size=large]Hey there Homey! I was born at St. Lukes a very long time ago. But adopted out at birth and thus came to be in Lubbock. Yes I am loving Linux Lite but I am also a previous PinGuy OS user but I had some issues with the OS and my system at that time so I left it. Now Iam totally MS-Free and I am not going back due to the awful things that it was doing to my system and the fact that I am now disabled and poor. LOL! Besides Linux Lite has improved my system performance, increased my productivity by 180% and it is just plain fun to use. I am looking forward to furthering my education and experimentation in the world of Linux based systems. Thank you for the warm welcome.[/size]
  • darry1966darry1966 Registered
    Fishman wrote:
    [size=medium]Howdy Folks! I am Fishman and I have just started using Linux Lite. My Dad's old computer was really going down hill with Windows 7 and the other Distros was not working in harmony with his drivers. So, I was watching Spatry's Cup Of Linux on Youtube and he did a really grand review of this Distro so I tried it out on my (dumpster rescued) laptop. My Dad & I are both disabled and poor so I get what I can lol. Anyway, I installed Linux Lite and my laptop was acting like a super-powered weightlifter on massive steroids! Now I have installed it on my main PC Tower and my girlfriends Samsung laptop. Works great, lightning-fast, and more secure and efficient than Windows ever was for our needs. Anyway I will stop rambling and just say it is a real honor and priviledge to be here as a member of this community.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood,
    ---Fishman[/size]

Cool site you have welcome to the LDC. will look forward to your linux videos.
    [size=large]Thanks Darry for the warm welcome and compliment on my site. I am glad that you like it. I will be cranking out some video reviews as soon as I learn how to lol with Linux. LOL! I did a text review on Linux Lite and SolydXK. See you on the other side. ;)[/size]