Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Hello From Canada

I am currently in Canada. I am from the states. (Long story) Trying out different versions of Linux.

Comments

• Very nice. Welcome to the forums! People here are very helpful, so don't stay any questions you may have. Also, are you on the lam? :P
  • TibleTible Registered
    Wouldn't mind moving up there myself. ;)

Welcome to the LDC
  • Welcome to the LDC :D
  • bartosbartos DonatorDonator
    Donator
    Yes. Our numbers are growing, soon we will be unstoppable.
    Welcome fellow Canadian.
  • SeanSean Registered
    You are obviously in Canada to learn about the arts of being a polite gentleman... right? I assume that's the only reason why somebody would go to Canada, other than their bacon.
    Anyway, Welcome to the LDC!!
  • ohjrson wrote:
    I am currently in Canada. I am from the states. (Long story) Trying out different versions of Linux.

Hello welcome to the LDC. I hope you find your distro of choice.
  • Hey there, Welcome to the LDC! I myself want to move to Canada, Australia or the United Kingdom, simply because the politics here in the United States is very annoying and our laws are unnecessarily strict.
    Theodore Thorpe,
    Member of the Cup Of Linux, Linux Distro Community & Linux Lite Forums.
  • plustwoplustwo Registered
    Hi ohjrson, welcome to LDC forums. enjoy your stay mate. :-)
  • Welcome to the LDC forum. I hope you'll like it here!
  • setkehsetkeh Administrator
    Welcome to the Community mate :D

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• robgravesrobgraves DonatorDonator
    Donator
    Welcome to the community.
  • ohjrsonohjrson Registered
    Wow everyone thanks for the welcome. I was not expecting so many people to actually respond to a simple hello.

A Little more about me. I moved from the states to canada because I met my wife online. We got married and it was much less red tape in 1999 to move to Canada then for her to go to the states. Plus she has 2 kids and I have none. (So really a lot less red tape.) Been here ever since.

I have been running PCLinuxOS on most of my machines for a while and I still don't know what I am doing. But I branch out to different distro's because I do have some computers that are still a single processor. So this version of the Linux distro seems to work very well. I'm quite impressed. You would think that Bill would clue in and provide a version of windows that would allow people to still use the slower pc's. This would also help to slow trashing perfectly good computers. Sort of a recycle. But anyway, we all know what Bill is about.

But thanks for saying hello. I do have a question on the forum and any help with it would be great.
    Thanks again.