Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Hi I'm Andrei

Hi I'm Andrei. I'm a 13 year old guy who makes YouTube videos for fun and currently migrated to Linux distros. I'm a huge tech guy and I am digging the fact that I can do pretty much everything with Linux. I wouldn't consider myself a pro but I wouldn't consider myself a noob just the same. I usually chill out on the Elementary OS Support IRC to help people out. My PC's on Elementary OS and my dad's is on Linux Lite.

Comments

• pdqpdq Administrator
    Welcome Andrei and hello to your Dad :D Be sure to stop by our IRC channel sometime!

Admin at Linux Distro Community, humble slave of LGC & lurker at GOL. [GitHub, Twitter, Steam]

• plustwoplustwo Registered
    Welcome to LDC Andrei, enjoy.
  • setkehsetkeh Administrator
    Welcome to the Community mate :D

Being Under the age of 18 i will PM you :D

Cheers

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• Hey There Andrei! I'm 14 myself and joined here when I was 13 as well in 2012. Glad you dad likes Linux Lite. My dad doesn't want Linux on his HP laptop for some reason, so I secretly installed it anyway and set it up to boot to Windows 7 automatically without any user action. I like Linux Lite alot, but being that my distro of choice is Ubuntu, I prefer that on my personal Dell laptop. My mom has an old 2008 Toshiba 17-inch laptop that has Linux Mint 15 XFCE on it on a dual-boot with Windows Vista. So as of now I only use Linux Lite in a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox, but some time in the near future I will install it on a spare Dell desktop my dad doesn't care about.

Edit: I do realise that I'm also under-age for this forum, but when I joined, there was no such rule, not even thought of yet, I assume. When I saw on the forum after I joined, like a month later, thats is when it threw a wrench to me. Then again, most of the kids my age sit and play video games on an Xbox, Playstation or Wii non-stop and not know a thing about Linux or even Android for that matter. I'm simply not that video game person, just occasional playing.
    Theodore Thorpe,
    Member of the Cup Of Linux, Linux Distro Community & Linux Lite Forums.
  • bartosbartos DonatorDonator
    Donator
    welcome to Linux club.
    the first rule is to talk about Linux club
  • SeanSean Registered
    Teddy5090 wrote:
    Edit: I do realise that I'm also under-age for this forum, but when I joined, there was no such rule, not even thought of yet, I assume. When I saw on the forum after I joined, like a month later, thats is when it threw a wrench to me. Then again, most of the kids my age sit and play video games on an Xbox, Playstation or Wii non-stop and not know a thing about Linux or even Android for that matter. I'm simply not that video game person, just occasional playing.

There are rules for users under the age of 18? What exactly do they pertain to?
  • TNTSTNTS Registered
    Thanks for the welcoming comments! :) I'll be spending my time on the Mumble and IRC channels. I'll be (almost) all morning.
  • Welcome to the LDC, Andrei!!
  • Welcome to the LDC :D
  • Sean wrote:
    Teddy5090 wrote:

It's basically the lack of knowledge and maturity. People under the age of 18 technically should not be in this community. I see the reasons because the average youngster just browses social media, plays console games, and posts about immature stuff all day, everyday. The people in this age group are extremely likey to not know stuff like bash scripting, Linux, processors, graphics, all the computing goodies. I'm not saying Andrei is, he definitely does not fit this description, which is a great thing. Neither do I. It's just that most in our age group is honestly dumb, or can be. I'm sorry I have to say that but it is true most of the time. They just stare at their phones texting/calling and not really doing anything productive.
    Theodore Thorpe,
    Member of the Cup Of Linux, Linux Distro Community & Linux Lite Forums.
  • SeanSean Registered
    Teddy5090 wrote:
    Sean wrote:
    Teddy5090 wrote:

It's basically the lack of knowledge and maturity. People under the age of 18 technically should not be in this community. I see the reasons because the average youngster just browses social media, plays console games, and posts about immature stuff all day, everyday. The people in this age group are extremely likey to not know stuff like bash scripting, Linux, processors, graphics, all the computing goodies. I'm not saying Andrei is, he definitely does not fit this description, which is a great thing. Neither do I. It's just that most in our age group is honestly dumb, or can be. I'm sorry I have to say that but it is true most of the time. They just stare at their phones texting/calling and not really doing anything productive.
    Ok, I get the reasoning... But if somebody under the age of 18 registers on linuxdistrocommunity.com/forum/ it is pretty safe to say they don't fit under the immature stereotype.
  • setkehsetkeh Administrator
    Sean wrote:
    Teddy5090 wrote:
    Sean wrote:
    Teddy5090 wrote:

Ok, I get the reasoning... But if somebody under the age of 18 registers on linuxdistrocommunity.com/forum/ it is pretty safe to say they don't fit under the immature stereotype.

Immaturity and disruptive behaviour are the main things along with sometimes there is discussions or topics that pop up in irc or mumble that are inappropriate for minors so it is also to protect them as well as us in that we dont want to babysit or deal with angry parents because some one swore or said something inappropriate were here for the linux community not a baby sitting centre :D
    its not safe to say that at all sadly :(

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.

• SeanSean Registered
    setkeh wrote:
    Sean wrote:
    its not safe to say that at all sadly :(
    Ah, alright. I have only been here for a couple months so I'll take your word for it.