Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Hello from Florida

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I just came back to using Linux and trying to decide b/w Mint and Lite.

I have had a question/problem since I started using Linux.
The sound from my Linux installs is so crappy.
I am a bit of an audiophile. I have been using the same set of 3 winamp plugins for 10 YEARS that make the music from almost any windows machine sound spectacular.

With linux there is no DSP or effects for the OS or any app that I have found. Is there any pro or audiophile reading this that can chime in to improve/amplify the sound. :-/

I have ASUS P5LD2 and Bose desktop speakers. Thanks for any reply.

Comments

• nakanutnakanut Registered
    Hey avegajr,

Audacious is your best bet. It has some stock DSP effects and EQ. Find it in the software center, and some winamp plug-ins/skins will be found in the package manager.

Hope this helps
  • Welcome to the LDC :D
  • nakanut wrote:
    Hey avegajr,

Audacious is your best bet. It has some stock DSP effects and EQ. Find it in the software center, and some winamp plug-ins/skins will be found in the package manager.

Hope this helps

Yes agreed Audacious is the best audio player even on I compiled for my retro os which is an older version just leaves other players in its wake.
  • ValtamValtam Registered
    Hi avegajr, I'm currently using QMMP, has some great features and plenty of plugins and you can use Winamp 2 skins as I have in this screenshot:

http://qmmp.ylsoftware.com/

628CIMs.png
  • setkehsetkeh Administrator
    Welcome to the Community mate :D

Wisdom:

One does not Simply Deploy into Production.