Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Leo Tech OS 1.2-Thunder (Beta)

Screenshots
gjJaDmf.png
uZzd3ff.png
L8Qcwer.png
auKq65p.png
OaSIF3P.png
lsTh3Zl.png
SqrAx0Y.png
ejUucAE.png

This is the new version of Leo Tech OS Thunder. This version is based on Ubuntu 12.04 and has Kingsoft Office, Minecraft, Copy Agent from Copy.com, Steam, Eclipse, Vlc Media Player.

Desktop Environments:
Unity 3d/2d/Openbox
LXDE
LTOS Desktop(Custom made)
Gnome 2.0(Classic)

Bugs:
Sometimes it gives System Problem Detected

To report a bug send and e-mail to: support@leo-tech.comule.com

Download link:
Mega(1.0)
Sourceforge
Torrent

Videos:

Comments

• Teddy5090Teddy5090 Registered
    Looks Like a great Linux Distro. I'll probably try it when it is out of beta. When is the expected release date for the final release?
    Theodore Thorpe,
    Member of the Cup Of Linux, Linux Distro Community & Linux Lite Forums.
  • leowarriorleowarrior Registered
    The final version will possibly be released between November 1st and December 15th.
    And it will have a custom desktop environment similar to the Zorin OS desktop.
  • It looks great, mate! Although, I wonder why have you chosen 12.10 instead of 12.04 or 13.04, that are far more stable (and supported for longer, like the pangolin). Looking forward to giving it a try!
    Cheers!!
  • Teddy5090Teddy5090 Registered
    It looks great, mate! Although, I wonder why have you chosen 12.10 instead of 12.04 or 13.04, that are far more stable (and supported for longer, like the pangolin). Looking forward to giving it a try!
    Cheers!!

Well I think he started development when only 12.10 was out, and 13.04 not released yet. He is probably going to switch either to 13.04 (I wouldn't recommend that, because of extremely short support time, and it takes some time to implement distro changes, characteristics, and modifications to a Ubuntu-based distro) or 12.04 (Great support time, 4 years left on it, and a great stable base.). I'm not a developer myself, but If I were to, I know what to use and what support time spans are, etc. Support times make a huge difference in distro development. Not to mention the shorter support times for 13.04 vs 12.10 (13.04 support is 9 months and 12.10 is 18 months). Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is recommend purely on support time.
    Theodore Thorpe,
    Member of the Cup Of Linux, Linux Distro Community & Linux Lite Forums.
  • By the time 12.10 was out, so was 12.04 LTS, obviously. Thus my question.
    In the next version i'm thinking of using 13.04 or 13.10 if its out by then.
    I've uploaded the iso file to mega https://mega.co.nz/#F!DJxgTBrb!NcMDPH-wSjFishJfLiGViw
    And i have some news the new version of LTOS is going to be released between 10th September and 25th October and it will be based on Ubuntu 13.04 or 13.10(if its out by then) and it will have a new desktop called LTOS Desktop which will be similar to Windows 7.
  • About the Poll:
    If you've chosen other please comment the name and version of the distro
  • Teddy5090 wrote:
    Looks Like a great Linux Distro. I'll probably try it when it is out of beta. When is the expected release date for the final release?

The final version has been released and is now available at sourceforge.net/projects/leo-tech-os
    Teddy5090 wrote:
    The OS is now in Alpha phase. So if you still wann try it youcan download it in your website http://leo-tech.tk/leo-tech-os/download/