Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Us

Top Posters

Hello from sizzling Wiltshire

Hi everyone!

Roasting away nicely here in sunny Wiltshire I found myself digging around for a replacement for my trusty - soon to expire - 12.10 Mint installation and came across LinuxLite.

I wanted to get back to a stripped down LTS with XFCE or Mate and settled into my various research projects without having to keep wondering when I'd have to reinstall - again.

Tried a few options but kept coming back to Lite. Even tried it with XFCE 4.10 installed but binned that and started again from scratch.

I can't put my finger on it, but it is just a nice straightforward - dare I say 'Honest' setup...

I've been using Linux since 1998 (Caldera Linux as I recall) and have been fortunate enough to be able to deploy various Ubuntu and Centos based servers for all sorts of stuff in with my last employers. Having taken early retirement for health reasons I'm now able to just enjoy using the o/s for pleasure (home has been Windows free for nearly 10 years now)

Looking forward to meeting you as and when........

bin

Comments